Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Drawing a Day Keeps the Therapist Away....at least it works for me.

I have been working on, and pretty much completing, a drawing a day. It has helped to improve my mood and gives me an outlet for all my energy and mind wanderings. Drawing has always been a source of comfort for me, a way of slowing the mind and simply being in the time and space. I feel connected to the world when I draw. I can feel the tension melting from my body, and energy flowing into my hands and onto the paper.
I am doing faces, close-ups mostly, of all of friends and family. This exercise is also giving me a chance to remained connected to these people. Drawing, literally making a mark, keeps me connected the art and to the person that I am drawing. I will add the drawings as I complete them, some are more doodles, others I am drawing from pictures without the use of anything but the picture.
I used to be very good at drawing from life, but since I was deep into my show I started using a projector to save time. It has been nice to work on my skill, to refine it again. I am still not even close to where I was my junior year in college, but I am hoping to get there again. It is easier for me to focus on the face, that has always been something that I enjoy drawing. So here are the first ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment